What makes the LA: Food + History + Design tour different from other LA food tours?
Food: From French newcomers in the nineteenth century, to Italian immigrants of the early twentieth century, to successive waves of migration from China, Vietnam and Thailand in the last fifty years, each culture has left its mark on Los Angeles’ culinary landscape. And we haven’t even mentioned Latin America or Japan yet! On this tour you’ll eat some of the best food that LA has to offer.
History: Los Angeles has a fascinating story too. Many of its oldest buildings, from when the tiny pueblo was infamous for being the most lawless and violent town in the Wild West, are still standing and you’ll even go inside one on this tour. Thought L.A. was just movie stars, beaches and Beverly Hills? Think again, we have a rich history going back to 1781.
Design: DTLA has some of the most iconic buildings in the world – City Hall, the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Eastern Columbia Building to name just three. On this tour you’ll also experience some beautiful interior spaces, from the Bradbury Building, to Union Station to the Art Nouveau lobby of a 1913 hotel. For over a hundred years Los Angeles has been a design capital and you’ll see exactly why.
Join us on our food tour and TRULY experience the best of Los Angeles.
Our tours can sell out. If you can’t make a booking email us at [email protected], telling us when you want to do the tour and how many guests are in your party, and if we can squeeze you in we’ll let you know.
Logistics & Details
- Walking Distance: 2 miles.
- Tour starts 12 midday Sunday, side entrance to Union Station, Alameda Street entrance (photo of meeting point).
- Tour finishes 3 pm, Pershing Square.
- There are 3-4 food tastings included, each for about 30 minutes, for the equivalent of a normal 3 course meal.
- There’s a big range of food options and all types of diet can be accommodated (vegan, gluten-free etc). Please email us if you have any dietary restrictions.
- We donate $1 for every guest to Climate Cents, a climate change organization.
More info about the event + tickets HERE!
Date and time:
- Sunday, Jan 8, 2023 12pm – 3pm
- Sunday, Jan 15, 2023 12pm – 3pm
- Sunday, Jan 22, 2023 12pm – 3pm
- Sunday, Jan 29, 2023 12pm – 3pm
- Sunday, Feb 5, 2023 12pm – 3pm
- Sunday, Feb 12, 2023 12pm – 3pm
- Sunday, Feb 19, 2023 12pm – 3pm
- Sunday, Feb 26, 2023 12pm – 3pm
E-mail: [email protected]