Black Restaurant Week started on August 18, but you still have time till August 28 to try all delicious meals, from restaurants to food trucks. Black Restaurant Week is highlighting black-owned eats around Los Angeles. This movement was created by Warren Luckett, Falayn Ferrell, and Derek Robinson in 2016 to celebrate African-American, African, and Caribbean cuisine across the United States.
On their site, Black Restaurant Week states:
“Our innovative approach to a restaurant week includes highlighting other aspects of culinary businesses including catering services, food trucks, and culinary products. This helps stimulates the local economy and presents full access to the Black culinary industry which is a key ingredient to the American culture.”
The goal of this campaign is to highlight restaurants and businesses for Angelenos to support year-round. Whether you’re looking for a coffee spot, dessert, BBQ, soul food, Caribbean food―you have choices! So come hungry, and get ready to dine on some delicious food.
- My Fathers BBQ in Carson, CA
- Fixins Soul Kitchen in Los Angeles, CA
- Blaqhaus in North Hollywood, CA
- Sky’s Gourmet Tacos in Los Angeles
- The Wood BBQ in Inglewood, CA
- L.A. Grind Coffee & Tea Bar in Los Angeles, CA
- Fluffy’s Sno-Balls in Long Beach, CA
- Gritz N Wafflez in Los Angeles, CA
- Coffee Del Mundo in Los Angeles, CA
- Caribbean Soul Kitchen LA in Los Angeles, CA
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
More info HERE!
View this post on Instagram
Date: August 18 through August 28