Join a journey back into the hallowed history of Hollywood, while enjoying era-appropriate cocktails in some of the area’s best bars.
It’s a time-traveling caper that starts by whisking you back to golden-age Hollywood, then transports you to a rooftop bar overlooking the neon-lit streets, before taking you inside a hidden historic speakeasy and the birthplace of the Oscars.
The Hollywood Speakeasy Bar tour starts at the famed Frolic Room (inside the Pantages Theatre). Since the 1930’s the bar has been used by many actors that graced the stage next door and was a regular haunt of Los Angeles poet Charles Bukowski. Next you’ll visit a recent arrival here from France, Mama Shelter – and her beautiful rooftop bar. From there you can look over the rooftops and see all the way from the iconic Hollywood Sign to the towers of downtown Los Angeles. After that you’ll discover a speakeasy bar that’s hidden in the oldest house in Hollywood, before ending the tour at a glamorous restaurant used by the stars from 1919 to today.
View this post on Instagram
During the course of the night we’ll hear stories and anecdotes detailing how this small farming town in the Wild West became the most famous place on earth. By the end of the tour you’ll have learned a lot about Hollywood history, enjoyed cocktails that fitted each location and eaten some good food. In other words a great experience of Los Angeles.
Logistics & Details:
- Walking Distance: 2 miles.
- Tour starts 6 pm, Thursday, Pantages Theatre, opposite Hollywood and Vine Metro station (photo of meeting point).
- Tour finishes 9 pm, Hollywood & Highland.
- You will probably visit 3-4 bars, each for about 30 minutes.
- 3-4 Tapas style tasting dishes are included, for the equivalent of a 2 course meal.
- There’s a big range of food options and all types of diet can be accommodated (Vegetarian, Vegan etc). Please send email ([email protected]) if you have any dietary restrictions.
- They donate $1 for every guest to Climate Cents, a climate change organization.
- This tour is in English. If your English is not fluent this may not be the best option for you. They do not offer this tour in any other language at this time.
- Drinks are not included. We recommend a cocktail in each bar, based on its location and the appropriate Hollywood era. Cocktails are $10-13 each – with sales tax and a $1 tip that’s $12-15. You don’t have to order a cocktail – or any drink.
- You must be over 21 y.o. to do this tour.
- This a walking tour and we move at a reasonable pace. If you have mobility issues please book a private tour.
- They never cancel tours in advance due to the weather conditions.
- Aim to get to the meeting point 10-15 minutes early. If you’re late you may miss the tour.
Get your tickets HERE!
Date: Thu, March 31, 2022
Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT
Phone: (213) 316-8687